Level 1 Defensive Driving Course Melton VIC
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Melton, VICTORIA
- Product code: PZIPS6
Presented in a relaxed, friendly and supportive environment by qualified, experienced instructors, with a balanced mixture of theory and practical driving exercises
We guarantee that regardless of your driving experience you’ll be amazed at what you’ll learn and you’ll have a great time learning it with us.
The practical driving component of our Defensive Driving Program is conducted on WET ROADS at suburban speeds.
It includes a variety of on road exercises including emergency braking, swerving and multiple direction changes.
The aim of the practical exercises is to educate drivers in:
- Basic vehicle dynamics
- The correct systems of car control : seating, vision, and steering
- Correct braking techniques for both ABS and non-ABS vehicles
- Skid causation, basic skid control, and skid prevention
- Raising the drivers level of awareness in relation to speed, reaction times and stopping distances
- Learn how your vehicle reacts in emergency situations
The classroom component covers basic road safety concepts and the key principals of defensive driving including:
- Understanding of how a drivers attitudes, motivations, and risk taking behaviour can affect that drivers safety and the safety of other road users
- The Golden Rules of Defensive Driving and how to apply them to everyday driving
- The importance of correctly inflated tyres and the condition and type of tyres
- Road laws and the introduction of any new laws